Monday, February 11, 2008

Evolution

ANGER - Definition: To enrage; to provoke - A strong feeling of displeasure or hostility.

I keep my counsel in most things and am just learning to open and share my true self with truth and real candor with a new "family" of friends.

Anyway, I felt he had been presumptive and judgmental and it angered me - deeply. I tried ending the conversation abruptly and taking time to cool down before speaking out of turn. My temper is quicksilver that way sometimes. (Usually only with those I care the most deeply for - do I get quite so angry.)

He, in response to my abrupt quiet, moved away quickly (to my honest surprise) and began cutting those "technological" ties we have nowadays. (IMs, etc.,) Making a clean break I suppose...

I regret seeing it unfold this way, but just as he reminded me of my adulthood in one of our last conversations - I should remember he too is a grown man.

My anger continues to move in waves, crashing against the walls of myself. Life is what it is and things will happen as they ultimately are meant to - not necessarily as I wish them. A warrior must stand steadfast and true to their honor and their mission. I must move ahead.

Looking over my shoulder in a single glance, I did see his shadow move out of my line of sight, my gaze hungering for some small sign of him remaining - but there was none. With a sigh, I must turn and walk forward, not quite so whole as I was before.

Perhaps, he and I will one day walk again along the same path together....I would treasure it.

Peaceful Dreaming...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've gone nowhere...
Just look over your shoulder...